Given the number of misfortunes I seem to be in constant contact with this year, I’ve long decided to start communing with nature and just pick myself up. It has been a while since I last did that, so I’m quite scared and excited at the same time.
My first photography class will start on Monday! Yay! I signed up for Photoworld Manila’s Basic Photography Classes in AIM Makati. I’m quite psyched. I’ve been planning for so long to take these classes. Now that I am armed with this baby, I don’t see why I should even delay these!
I don’t know why I waited so long to make this purchase when I know for a fact I always have wanted this.
I now regret all the money spent on clothes and shoes that look the same.
What I’m mostly excited about is traveling. I’ve already made some arrangements — solo and with a group — and I hope by the time I’m about to leave, I’m ready to take blog-worthy photos.
In the meantime, I have Instagram as my creative outlet. My photoblog is running on empty. I hope you’ll all be around still when I start snapping away again.
To end this post, I leave you with a takeaway from Laws of A Modern Woman (I like to pretend I abide by them):
Have a great weekend everyone. Don’t forget to mend your heart.
A long time has passed since my last meaningful post in my own space so I figured, it’s about time for me to write again. And this time, I won’t get bored with myself halfway. Hahaha.
This week proved to be a horrid week. Let me count the ways.
- My 1TB external hard drive started making clicking noises one afternoon and ultimately stopped functioning, successfully reformatting itself and obliterating 8-9 years of my everything — photos, music, videos, writings on the wall.
- Number 1 happened approximately five (5) days after my other external hard drive, this time 500GB, also went kaput.
- I was supposed to enroll for grad school this Thursday but everyone decided to book their meetings on that day. I delayed enrollment since Thursday is just Day 1. I went to school Friday, Day 2, and all the subjects I am allowed to take are full. School was supposed to be the highlight of my 2013.
- Operations audit started this week and we’ve been in constant contact with Internal Audit for the documentation review. A lot of our processes are undergoing revision, but because #1 and #2 happened…. yeah, they’ll have to make do with the unrevised versions.
- Emotional turmoil. To say the least.
To sum up, this week was…
But today, I decided to turn it all around. Today, this is what I did.
- Called up a camera shop and reserved a Canon 600D to be picked up tonight
- Signed up for evening refresher classes in photography somewhere in Makati
- Enrolled in a couple more classes that will start in June and July at Coursera
- Set aside a good amount for a July trip to nowhere
- Started writing. Again.
This year has not really been a field of dreams for me, and the fact that I am missing this term… it’s almost a nail to the coffin of a godawful year. But a good friend — a very very very good friend — has constantly reminded me that everything happens for a reason.
And there will always be a way to turn it all around.
And that’s what I am doing now.
I hope, whoever is reading, you are having a great year. But just in case you are in the same rut as I am (and I am hoping your rut is not worse than mine), let’s turn it around together then.
Do you remember my post a few weeks back
when I was still so energized to constantly update as I am now feeling quite disheartened with my lack of specialized writing skills when I posted all about the gory bits? That came from 2011’s Before Sunrise/Before Sunset film, Like Crazy.
Like Crazy stars Anton Yelchin and Felicity Jones as Jacob and Anna, who fell in love in college. Anna, staying in the US on a student visa, impulsively decided to spend the summer with this hot new passionate exciting love and only went back to the UK for a family event.
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS