A long time has passed since my last meaningful post in my own space so I figured, it’s about time for me to write again. And this time, I won’t get bored with myself halfway. Hahaha.
This week proved to be a horrid week. Let me count the ways.
- My 1TB external hard drive started making clicking noises one afternoon and ultimately stopped functioning, successfully reformatting itself and obliterating 8-9 years of my everything — photos, music, videos, writings on the wall.
- Number 1 happened approximately five (5) days after my other external hard drive, this time 500GB, also went kaput.
- I was supposed to enroll for grad school this Thursday but everyone decided to book their meetings on that day. I delayed enrollment since Thursday is just Day 1. I went to school Friday, Day 2, and all the subjects I am allowed to take are full. School was supposed to be the highlight of my 2013.
- Operations audit started this week and we’ve been in constant contact with Internal Audit for the documentation review. A lot of our processes are undergoing revision, but because #1 and #2 happened…. yeah, they’ll have to make do with the unrevised versions.
- Emotional turmoil. To say the least.
To sum up, this week was…
But today, I decided to turn it all around. Today, this is what I did.
- Called up a camera shop and reserved a Canon 600D to be picked up tonight
- Signed up for evening refresher classes in photography somewhere in Makati
- Enrolled in a couple more classes that will start in June and July at Coursera
- Set aside a good amount for a July trip to nowhere
- Started writing. Again.
This year has not really been a field of dreams for me, and the fact that I am missing this term… it’s almost a nail to the coffin of a godawful year. But a good friend — a very very very good friend — has constantly reminded me that everything happens for a reason.
And there will always be a way to turn it all around.
And that’s what I am doing now.
I hope, whoever is reading, you are having a great year. But just in case you are in the same rut as I am (and I am hoping your rut is not worse than mine), let’s turn it around together then.